Sunday, August 4, 2013

Festival Ombre Tutorial


After some time, here it finally is! I'm so sorry it almost took a week for me to post this. You know, I did do this manicure yesterday and took pictures, but I wasn't pleased with the results. It's very hard to snap shots while doing this, 'cause the polish is drying, and you gotta pick up the camera and watch the wet polish & blabla..  Today, though, I asked my mom to take the pics, and it came out blog-worthy! Or should I say, reader-worthy. As you can see, because of the delay and since I felt inspired, I threw another colour-combination in this post. I hope you like at least one of them, but honestly, the combinations are endless! If you have longer nails, you could do three colours. 
Yellow, orange and red. Mint, light blue and turqiouse. White, pink and purple. White, grey and black.

What you will need: At least two nailpolishes of your choice. A clean surface, such as a lid. A clear-coat. Spongey-material, mine is from old headphones. Something pointy to blend the polish. Q-tip and acetone to clean your skin. 
Anyways, here are the steps to get this design: 

Put your polishes on a clean surface. Make sure to put on enough and blend out the edges.
I recommend rolling the sponge onto the polish and then onto your nail. At least, at first, then pad it to blurr the edges.
Clean up with a q-tip dipped in acetone. Putting on a clear-coat right after,
 helps blurring the edges even more.




No comments:

Post a Comment